Exports of automotive components are a very critical task which requires specialized Rust Preventive Packaging schemes in synergism with highly effective rust preventive desiccants.
Desiccant is a drying agent used to lower the moisture content of air inside a closed space, such as Moisture Barrier Bag. Desiccant is packaged in fractional units in order to facilitate its usage with a variety of bag sizes.
In order to provide a complete moisture barrier packaging assembly, desiccant must be inserted into the bag, prior to having the bag vacuum sealed.
The recommended amount of desiccant is dependent on the interior volume of the packaging, the weather conditions while packaging and the required packaging life of the material as well as the transportation mode.
VCI desiccant 19000 is extremely simple and convenient to install. The device should be installed at the earliest possible time. Simply select a space within any enclosure where corrosion protection would be useful.
For castings, forgings, machined components where the items are not individually packed the required amount of desiccant for exports may be around 10-15 pouches of VCI 19000 desiccant (50 gm pouch). VCI 19000 protects 500gm per meter cube. Do not keep in direct contact as in some cases the pouch may sweat.
VCI 19000 Desiccant can be effectively used for:
- Operations, packaging and storage electrical equipment
- Automotive Components
- Marine navigation and communication electronic equipment
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wire ways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment
- Remote electronics devices
- Hand-held, battery-operated devices
- Tool-boxes, parts-storage and other containers holding metals